Sunday, February 5, 2023

Welcome to my recipes

I have cooked for my family for more than 50 years.
In that time, I have learned a lot about cooking -- I keep it simple but I want to make it taste good. 
But as I look back over those years of cooking, I also realize how much I benefited from the cooking lessons and recipes I got from my mother, from my aunt, who taught Home Economics, from my mother-in-law, and from father-in-law, who owned a butcher shop. 
A few years ago I got busy and assembled my own personal cookbook -  now its time to take some of those recipes and create a blog where I can post the recipes I enjoy cooking, as well as links to all the other good recipes I find online. 
Let me know if you also enjoy these - and if you have any questions about a recipe, just ask. 
(Illustration credit: Jan Davidsz. de Heem Still Life with Ham, Lobster and Fruit ca 1652)


No comments:

Post a Comment